Thursday 3 January 2013

Fake Tan Fun

So last night I decided to crack open my new Fake Bake set and try out the products. Fake tan is a relatively new aspect for me, as I usually let the sun do its thing and go au natural, so, believe it or not, I am a Fake Bake virgin. 

I bought the pack a few weeks ago at Clothes Show Live - a steal at £10 for the fake bake, body polish and instant fake tan - and, being new at it, opted to go for the pack best suited to 'fair skin', as I didn't want to go too dark. 

I started by taking a nice long soak in the bath and completely blitzing my body head to toe with the polish to buff my skin to polished perfection. I then got my trusty sister to apply the tan. 

I am currently sat looking like a tangerine, which I will have to endure for the next 24 hours before washing it all off and (hopefully) revealing spanish goddess like skin. I'll keep you posted with how that one turns out! 


I also dabbled into my second true love, (the first obviously being my lovely boyfriend),  LUSH! 
I lovelovelove most products from Lush, and am building quite the stash of Lush products - Thankyou Santa! =) I bought the Twilight bath ballistic a few weeks ago, whilst still high from the final Twilight film. It looked and smelled lovely - maybe a bit more cinnamon-y than i'm used to, but I thought it might help relax me and send me to slumberland. 
Twilight is a lovely rose pink colour with stars all over the outside. Once plopped into the bath it goes to work straight away, fizzing and leaving a path of scented pink foam. As the bomb fizzes it changes from pink to baby blue, which in turn changes the colour of the water from pink to purple, a welcome surprise for me as I have never used this bomb before. Even more surprising were the thousands of sparkly pieces of glitter that suddenly surrounded me. And that is where the bomb lost it's way. Don't get me wrong, i'm a girly girl and do enjoy a bit of sparkle, but there was so much glitter in the water, that I was covered head to toe in the stuff, even hours after coming out of the bath. Too much of a good thing becomes overwhelming, and this was definitely too much! 



Lush 'Twilight bath ballistic'


The results in the tub. 

I'll no doubt be testing out more of my Lush goodies soon, so watch this space for more reviews! 

much love, Gem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment